We are looking for a Sr. Business Data Analyst – a hands-on and motivated self-starter passionate about using data to help us measure every area of the business and influence decision-making. As an integral part of the team, the Sr. Business Data Analyst is a highly visible role that will help DNA enable data-driven decision-making, serving as a bridge through the business to design and scale ways to communicate complex multi-dimensional datasets in a sophisticated way.
The ideal candidate will play a key role in developing and evolving executive reports and analyses consumed by our executive leadership team and partner organizations. He/she must be able to create and design data models that enable data management and analytics teams to document data requirements for applications. He/she must also be able to wrangle and process specific data using tools such as Excel and make it usable for consumption. He/she is also expected to perform simple to complex analysis to surface key trends through techniques such as Tableau and advanced Excel formulas, pivot tables and other programming tools. Lastly, he/she will collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand their data analysis needs and requirements, design Tableau dashboards, or provide dashboard design and functionality recommendations.
- Serve as the expert on business data (financial & operational). How it is all interconnected, whether a report/dashboard looks correct, and be able to help developers connect data to obtain accurate results.
- Design and create data models to specify the characteristics of the data elements included in application, database, or file system structures used to process, store, and manage the data.
- Use data wrangling skills to extract and transform data based on the reporting and analytics needs of the business teams.
- Handle inconsistencies in data, such as dealing with outliers and blanks, straightening unusual trendlines, filling blanks, correcting minor entry errors, and enriching, extending, and concatenating data.
- Partner with data scientists and key stakeholders to build out and transform the right data sets required for the analytical deliverables
- Perform analysis to surface key trends through techniques such as advanced Excel formulas, pivot tables, and other programming tools
- Identify, analyze, and interpret patterns and trends in complex data sets to help understand key business performance drivers.
- Develop simple to complex customized reports with business insights that illustrate key and dynamic business issues.
- Develop & evolve executive reports and analyses that our executive leadership team and partner organizations consume.
- Design and develop visually appealing and interactive dashboards, reports, and data visualizations using Tableau Desktop and Server
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, understand their data analysis needs and requirements, and provide dashboard design and functionality recommendations.
- 5+ years relevant experience with Data Analytics, Business Analysis, Reporting, or equivalent field, preferably with a globally recognized organization. Background and expertise in finance, tech, or business consulting is a plus.
- Bachelor’s/Advanced degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, etc., from a top-tier university
- Experience in designing and creating data models for analytics & BI applications like Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Experience in navigating, slicing, and dicing large datasets to bring actionable insights
- Experience in conducting in-depth analyses for business and operating reviews
- Experience in preparing and executing presentations of technical and business-level data to both peers and leadership
- Strong understanding of data analytics, data visualization, dashboard design principles, and working knowledge and experience with Tableau Desktop and Server platforms.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of presenting to senior management.